For more visit us at the following places:

For our favourite of the latest and hottest music videos, visit:
melodimvp.blogspot.com

To get regular updates from us and catch up on what we are up to, friend us at:
facebook.com/melodiradio
twitter: @melodiradiohead

Thursday 9 June 2011

KiDD SWOOSH: Our first featured Photographer!!!!!!


This Photo was something that I had been wanting to do for some time now. The whole idea behind it is just to give the idea of being in more than one place at once, almost like a paparazzi effect.


A lot of my photos are basically just a random moment that I felt was so cinematic that I had to capture it with my camera. It was at Dallas, Tx Deep Ellum Art Festival, he was air brushing a portrait of something random. I took a couple of photos but this one I felt was worthy of the blog update.


This Photo was actually a class project, I wanted to capture the sense of
lonely solitude of Alicia (the Model) as well as showing off her taste in
fashion. I only used one light for this photo.


I was in San Antonio, Texas, at the annual "Fiesta" Celebration they have every year and while we were chillen this stood out to me. The whole contrast of the light from the sunset to the shadows of the fan with the little hint of light gleaming through makes this photo to me.


I actually shot this a week after I first got my camera last year. I initially wanted to see if I could get the sunlight off the train tracks but I didn’t think I would be able to catch the sunset hiding right below the trees like that. This photo looks remarkable to me for the simple fact of its simplicity and contrast of light and shadows.


One snowy day here in Texas, which is very rare, I decided to be creative and take my all white Big Nike High's and make it look like it was part of the snow. They tell you not to shoot white on white because of the merger of the color but I didn’t care.


I was sitting at the Barbershop and this guy pulls up with this dope ass 67' Impala. I tried to capture the cinematic feel of a car driving down the street only focusing on half the car from the front of it, giving it that smooth depth of field from the front of the car to the back. I also darkened the exposure a little giving it that "Movie-esk" feel.


This Photo was VERY random. I was actually just sitting, writing, and looked up and saw the perfect shot. So to make it better I laid my pen right next to the shoe and just focused my camera on my shoe this way the words on the paper would be blurred a little giving it that "I was writing a letter but you can’t read it” feel.


I wanted to get a very steady shot so I sat my camera on the ground in the
 middle of the street at this outdoor mall and tried to set my shutter speed
kinda slow, that way I could get that gleaming flare from the lights as well
 as capturing the dense, almost scariness of the storm brewing up.


The Great Martina Mcbride. One of my teachers actually volunteered me to shoot this event with her without me even knowing it and I had no clue who Martina Mcbride was at the time so I didn’t want to do it. But I’m glad I did. This was my first time ever shooting a concert. And she was amazing. In this shot I wanted to capture the close friendship she has with her guitarist, giving the affect of him serenading her with his guitar as she grooves to his tunes.


This is actually one of my most recent photos. One of my friends just got a camera and wanted me to show him how to PROPERLY use it which means in Manual mode and not Auto Mode. So we walked around Down Town Dallas and just shot sum stuff for fun. I love this shot basically for the simplicity of it... the city looks deserted. ironically, no cars were coming at the time.


I wanted to get the black and white feel of this area. I felt the lighting was just right and the solo car made the feel of the picture so epic. I was actually kicked out of this place after I shot this..."Private property""even though it was a mall.


About the photographer:
Kidd Swoosh is a young photographer based in Texas, United States.
He describes himself as a random photographer, meaning that he takes photos whenever he is feeling inspired by a particular object or moment. His photography is clean, fresh and urban. He has a powerful use of angles, shadows and light. Each of his photos tells a story that takes you to the time and place where it was taken.
To see more of his work, visit his site at http://kiddswoosh.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment