For more visit us at the following places:

For our favourite of the latest and hottest music videos, visit:
melodimvp.blogspot.com

To get regular updates from us and catch up on what we are up to, friend us at:
facebook.com/melodiradio
twitter: @melodiradiohead

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Interview with British Singer Jasmine Knight!!!!!

As you may already know, August is Women's Month in South Africa.
We have decided to celebrate this month by interviewing women with diverse backgrounds and lives. Though this month is only being celebrated in South Africa, our readers are from many parts of the world, and we thought it would be more interesting to learn about women from other countries as well.  So here is our first interview;
the gorgeous and extremely talented Jasmine Knight from the United Kingdom!
(Check the links below to listen to her music - beautiful voice!)

Jasmine Knight

 Where were you born and where do you currently live?
I was born in the UK and live in the Uk London

 What is your profession?
I am a Singer/ Songwriter and student

 The United Kingdom is known to be one of the most diverse places in the world. So it goes without saying that the women of the U.K. are also diverse. But how would you describe yourself as a British woman and other women like yourself?
I can only speak for my self  and as a woman in the UK I am  learning new things about myself  eveyday, I am very passionate about my music and I have come to the realisation that life is really what you make it. I have choices and I am going to take advantage of what the world has to offer. I am my own person, respect others and treat people the way I would like to be treated. I focus on the positives in my life and if the negatives come around I deal with them the best I can, stay focused and strive for the best.


What are some of the challenges that British women, from your perspective, face?
I think that depends on your mind set, if you have your own opinions and morals and what profeesion your in.

 In the entertainment industry in particular, your field, what are the challenges that women artists face?
Being original, having your own spark, being consistent to create the buzz for your self.…… When music is a passion of yours, you don’t care about the fame that comes with it, you just want others to hear your music and relate to it in their own way.


Have you been able to travel to other countries? If so, what are your impressions of the women you came across in these countries?
Culture is amazing and that’s the best thing about travelling and meeting new people. It really is an eye opener to see how other people live in the world and you respect and appreciate that. Women are the same where ever you travel its just culture that is the difference we are all still human.

  What do you like to do in your free time?
Write music, record, chill out, go to the gym and spend time with family.

What are your dreams for yourself and your life?
Wow who knows what life has to offer but I want to be successful in my passions be happy and stay true to myself.

Which women do you admire and why?
My mum, my nan and my two sisters. I am who I am because I have had them in my life forever to inspire me and pick me up when I’m down and share the happy times with me. They are the women who have taught me to stay focused and know I can achieve what I want to if I allow myself to and belive in myself 100 %.

 What is your biggest achievement to date?
Being happy with who I am and the people I have around me today and being able to express my self through my music and having the pleasure to share that with others through collaborations and live performances.

 Can you tell us about your music and where our readers can go to have a listen?
My music is written and performed by me. Its all my life experiences expressed through the music. My music can just be summed up as Jasmine Knight’s life J







Where can people go to keep up with you, your gigs etc.?
Follow me on my social networking sites like facebook and twitter and I’ll keep you all posted J MUCH LOVE J


Jasmine Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment